Come Discover Bat Yam
Bat-Yam, a Mediterranean seaside and touristic resort, can proudly boast of terrific vacations: all year around the weather remains pleasant and ideal for holidays, especially during the bathing season: |
April - October, with temperatures in July & August of: 27°C - 35°C / 80°F - 90°F.
Bat-Yam is a few kilometers south of Tel-Aviv and because of its central location, it is the ideal starting point for a complete tour of Israel: Jerusalem in the east, the Negev Desert and the Dead Sea in the south, Haifa, the Galilee and the Golan Heights in the north.
- The beautiful beachfront Promenade lively and brightly illuminated by night, exciting by day, is dotted with a wealth of restaurants offering a variety of traditional, Balkan, Israeli, Oriental, Rumanian, Turkish delights and other specialties like seafood, grill, pizzas; cafes for just a cool drink and light snack in the refreshing sea breeze, watching the golden sand, the capricious waves.
- Variety ot Hotels are located along the Promenade facing the seashore. Some are equipped to host international conferences.
- 3.5 kms of splendid beaches, one protected by breakwaters, all perfectly well maintained and serviced: lifeguards, sunshades, deckchairs, changerooms, children playground, newly designed cafes-restaurants straight on the shore, opened from morning till night. One beach offers separate bathing.
- Fans will be delighted by the variety of water sports such as sailing, windsurfing, hang-gliding, para-gliding.
- On the beachfront, the "Breihof" sport center with its green lawns and a range of facilities: children and adults fresh water swimming pools.
- The Bat-Yam Sport Center includes adults and children swimming pools, tennis courts, a cafeteria, a fully equipped health club with saunas, massage.
- Opposite the "Man Rock" Beach, the open-air Amphitheater, hosts on summer evenings, outdoor dances and performances by renowned artists.
- The center of outdoors-recreational activities is undoubtedly the Municipal Park: wide spaces, barbecue areas, large skating rink, playgrounds, and during the summer, public performances of singers and artists.
- The city has a vast Commercial Center open from morning till night : "Canyon Bat-Yam" with 7 movie theaters (showing films in their original version), boutiques, restaurants, cafes, large retail stores.
- Three important Museums present changing exhibitions of works by Israeli and foreign artists.
The old district of Jaffa, not 10 minutes away from Bat-Yam : centuries of history, minarets, picturesque lanes and meandering alleys, art and crafts galleries, night-clubs and discotheques.
Open-air cafes and fish restaurants overlook the sunset or the star-studded night on the legendary port of Jaffa.
Bat-Yam is quite close to the INTERNATIONAL BEN GURION AIRPORT only 25 minutes drive by car.
BAT-YAM TOURIST INFORMATION BUREAU
P. O. Box 10, Bat-Yam 59100, Israel
Tel. 972-3-5556350 / 972-3-5556345, Fax. 972-3-5556358